ProTouch Software is produced and developed by TouchTec Marketing Ltd (TTML).
ProTouch Software is sold to the public ("end users") as a licence to use only.
It is mainly distributed by a network of retailers ("dealers").
TTML is strongly committed to protecting client privacy while interacting with our content, products and services.
We recognise that client personal information is confidential and we understand that it is important for clients
TTML collects two types of information. The first type is anonymous information. For instance, we may collect
where they live or their date of birth - they are 'anonymous' to us. Many of the individuals who access our services
are anonymous to us.
The second type of information that TTML collects is personal information. TTML will collect personal
information that lets us know the specifics of who clients are, such as name, email address, or postal address,
but only when clients or their dealers provide it to us. With this information TTML can provide a variety of
personalised and enhanced services that are not available to anonymous users.
There are five types of clients who use this site:
1. Anonymous users;
3. End user / customers;
4. Dealers; and
5. TTML staff.
Leave no personal information stored on our site or database. All we know is that someone visited,
how long they were here and which pages they visited.
Leave enough personal information for us to respond to their inquiry. This information is voluntary.
Only TTML staff has access to your details. We will contact you to answer your questions and/or may forward
your information to our nearest dealer so that they can contact you to answer your inquiry.
We do not share your information with other companies or individuals with the exception of a specific dealer.
The end user's dealer and TTML also have access to all of the above end user / customer information.
The only other information about the end user that is held by TTML is the following: username and password,
the end user's dealer, the date of installation of ProTouch Software, the type of support agreement the end user has,
and its expiry date. Dealers do not have access to this information from TTML, although they may have access to some
of this information from their own (separate to TTML) commercial dealings with the end user.
Customers, have information stored on the site that only the end user, their dealer and TTML staff have access to.
End users can access their account information (company and trading name, name of contact, phone, fax, mobile numbers,
website and email addresses, and physical address) and their site information (type and number of ProTouch Software
modules at their site). End users can edit their account information.
The end user, on request to TTML, will be informed of their username and password. The end user
may change either at anytime through consultation with TTML.
Have information stored on the site that only the dealer can access. Dealers' account information is
identical to an end user. There is no site information for a dealer. Dealers have access to end user
information on all of their own customer end users (as explained above) but no other.
TTML staff and dealers
Are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of information they handle in their work and are required
to ensure that this information is not disclosed except as provided for here.
TTML may use the information it collects for the following purposes:
• To assist TTML in providing you with a quality service;
• To respond to, and process, your request;
• To inform you of, and provide you with, new and existing products and services offered by TTML;
• Any information we collect will not be used in ways that you have not consented to.
• Any business data we collect from an end user will be destroyed once it has met the purpose for which it has been provided (e.g. testing, fixing, technical support, installation assistance).
• If you send us an email, we will store your email address and the contents of the email. This information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. Electronic mail submitted to TTML is handled and saved according to the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
• We may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to our product (ProTouch Software) or our website.
• TTML does monitor this website in order to identify user trends and to improve the site if necessary. Any of this information, such as the type of site browser your computer has, will be used only in aggregate form and your individual details will not be identified.
• If, at any stage, you no longer wish to receive these notifications you may opt out by sending us an email.
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by TTML is controlled primarily by TTML of Level 12,
Terenco House, 86-96 Victoria Street, Wellington, New Zealand, and, secondarily, by Magnetic Biz Pty Ltd of 43
Sooning Street, Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island, 4819, Queensland, Australia.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for TTML to disclose your personal information to third parties:
• TTML may be required by law to disclose the information; or,
• TTML may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties to provide the service you have requested,
for example, if you require on-site technical support, TTML may need to disclose your personal information to third parties
in order to bill and deliver your support. However, the disclosure will only be made where it is necessary to fulfil the
purpose for which you disclosed your personal information.
• Otherwise than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us, such as your name, address,
email address or telephone number, to any organisation or person outside TTML unless you have authorised us to do so.
For example, when you accept a quotation for a product installation and we provide a dealer with your details so they
can complete the installation.
No sale of personal information
Under no circumstances will TTML sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Changes to your personal information
Once you have received your username and online password you can view your personal online information. It is only
available to yourself and the dealer through whom you purchased your software. A copy may be held at our head office.
If you wish to change the information that is held about you, you can do so online, or, please e-mail
with your change of details.